Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

I keep thinking that I will become a regular blogger.  I am really really wrong in this thinking.   I just can't ever seem to get around to it.

Things here are going really well, we stay plenty busy.  The kids all have activities they participate in that keep us moving in the afternoons.  All three of them have swimming lessons on Monday, on Tuesdays, Callie has ballet and Levi has rock climbing club, on Thursday Millie has rock climbing.  They all seems to be enjoying life here and they all have a lot of friends.

Josh has spent the last week and a half of so car shopping, then buying a car and trying to get all of the money wired over here from the US.  Things are done differently here so it has taken a while to figure our exactly how to do things.  Thanks to a lot of help from our super awesome neighbors Dan and Sandra, we finally got our new car last night!!!  (YAY!!!)  We had arranged before coming here to buy a car from some people that were leaving camp just as we were arriving.  It was a cheap car that was really too small for us and had some issues with the starter.  It was more stress than it was worth so I am super grateful that we have something newer and bigger.

Today is the last day of school for the kids for the next ten days.  Josh goes to work on Thursday and Sunday and then he is off for a bit too. On Monday we have plans to go with our neighbors out into the desert for some exploring.  I am not sure what else we will do but it will be nice to have a break for a bit.  

A shamal (wind/sand storm) started to blow through yesterday and its still windy today.  It looks kind of foggy outside because of all the dust in the air.  The temperature has dropped quite a bit as well, enough that my kids asked to wear jackets to school.  Right now it is about 75 degrees at 10:00 in the morning.   The sand in the air makes my throat feel kind of scratchy and I feel like I have sand on my eyes.  I think this will just be something that we learn to deal with.

More soon! Maybe.  Probably in a few weeks.  (I told you I stink at blogging)

No comments:

Post a Comment