Thursday, March 13, 2014

Catch up?

I am not sure it is possible for me to actually catch up on this blog!  It has been a great winter here in Abqaiq and we've been having so much fun!!!  We are so grateful to be having this experience.  In the next few days I hope I can share just a glimpse into what has been happening in our lives in the last 6 months.




In October there was a company holiday.  Most people left the country and went on vacation but we didn't have our visas ready yet to we got to chill out in Saudi.  A group of us went out into the desert looking for desert roses one morning.  I couldn't find a good picture of any on my computer so I'll have to snap a photo and upload that later.  In the picture above are our really great neighbors Dan and Sandra with Millie and Brigham.
 Josh dug this deep hole and that is where we found the best roses!  They are down deep where the sand meets the water.
 Our school has a rock climbing wall so we took the kids to practice their climbing skills.  Millie, Levi, and even Callie can get all the way to the top!   I got to the top once and that was enough for me!
 Briggy wanted to get the the top!  He'll be doing it before we know it!
 Callie is pretty fearless!  She does not get that from her Mom!


 Poor Briggy... stuck at the bottom!
 We ended up getting our entry/exit visas just in time and we were able to leave the country!  The line of cars at the border was crazy!!!   I think it took us over an hour to get through.  I've heard it can take up to three hours though!  We had a great time in Bahrain.  Our neighbors, the Langbauers and the Harders came with us.  We spent most of our day the a water park.  The kids loved it and we were so grateful that Dan and Sandra decided to join us. It is a lot easier to take 4 kids to a water park when you have 2 extra adults with you.  I wanted to snap some photos at the water park but it is kind of hard to do that when you're busy playing in the water.  The muslim women wear bathing suits that cover their whole body.


 After a busy day at the water park we walked through the mall and found a place to eat.  I think we decided on TGI Fridays.  We had wanted to go to a movie but they were all sold out.  Instead we just walked through the mall some more and then headed to our hotel.   It's always an experience when you are in a new place trying to find your way around and dealing with crazy middle eastern drivers.  
 We've had a few opportunities to ride camels.  I thought this was Levi on a camel when I uploaded it but he is actually on a mule.
Callie, our friend Kealy, and Millie enjoying a camel ride. I think this was on Saudi National Day.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment